It's been a while since I heard it, but I know the song your talking about.
Has anyone here heard the old cult classic song by Arlo Guthrie "Alice's Restaurant"? It came out in the mid to late 60's and is as much a humorous storytelling ballad , as a song . Download it and give a listen . The song is about 17MB and lasts over 18 minutes so allow yourself time. I bet the lyrics get stuck in your head.
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
It's been a while since I heard it, but I know the song your talking about.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
WQUT plays it every thanksgiving. There is also a movie that is quite entertaining. Showtime Video in Coeburn used to have a copy of it.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Post deleted by LPDfanincarolina
I've never heard it.
Bookmarks